In the past couple of years, I started gardening. It’s absolutely wonderful to see how everything grows in this country. So I decided to recreate the exact same plants I have in my garden, but in paper. Fuchsias, geraniums, a spider plant, tulips, calendulas, dahlias, orchid, lavender. And of course the tools: gloves, a watering can, trowel, mini secateurs and spades.
The box is 23x23cm so the flowers are very small, it’s all handmade.
You can find more details on my Etsy Shop
Hello! I’ve been very busy having a baby! But this weekend I had a lovely idea that worked very well. The client was so pleased 🙂 he was mesmerised by the colours and shapes.
Want to make your own? Just follow these simple instructions:
What you’ll need
– something circular, I used a candle, but you can use a bangle.
– 5 sheets of colour paper
– Invisible Thread
– a piece of wire
– a ribbon
Instructions 🙂 1. First, we are going to draw the circles in the colour pages. Two per page
2. Cut the circles
3. Fold the circles in the middle
4. Glue the circles together, your children can help with this.
5. Then you finish, it will look like a ball
6. Now lets make the little stand for the ballon. In a brown paper we are going to draw a small circle a some 0.5 x 9 cm rectangles, these will be our “strings. Then you have a bigger rentable of 13 cm long and 3 cm tall for the basket.
7. Cut the circle and the strings. When you are cutting the basket leave some flaps so you can stick it to the circular bottom.
8. Add the strings to the paper ball.
9. Paste the strings to the basket.
10. You have a paper ballon now. I added some people inside, very simple designs but you can just leave the ballons.
11. Repeat all the instructions and do 2 more balloons, preferably in different colours. I did a ballon in red, one in green and another in violet
12. With the wire, do a circle. After this, cover the wire with some ribbon. I found a sparkly in my house.
13. With invisible thread, do a 3 point hanger at the top. And try to fix it somewhere so you can add the ballon.
14. Pass some invisible thread into the ballon and hang in 3 equal parts of the wire.
15. you can add as much detail as you want in the thread. I added a moon, a sun, a cloud and a star.
7. Voila! You have a paper mobile for your baby. You can buy a little motor for a few pounds to make it go round alone.
And if you do this, please take some photos and send them to me, I’d love to see how you get on.