This is my neighbourhood. My house is the one at the top of the hill.
Paper Houses in glass dome with light inside.
Height: 33 cm.
You can find it in my Etsy Shop.
Commissions available if you want to recreate your house in paper. Drop me a line and we can design it together.
Let me tell you something about my neighbourhood. After the second world war, a group of service men returned to find a severe shortage of housing. They decided to create a collective and build their own houses. They asked for land, donations and loans from the council and local business, and built the first two houses in just seven weeks. After two years that had built 20 houses in total, costing £700 each. At the end, they picked a number from a hat to decide which of them would own each house.
I live in one of those houses now in Bevendean, Brighton, UK – right opposite the South Downs.
Brighton Ex Service Men’s Housing Society was a brilliant success and I feel very lucky to be living in one of these very special house.
I’ve been making tiny paper houses in domes inspired by my neighbourhood and this enterprising collective. I’m donating money from these sales to the victims that lost their homes to hurricane Irma/Harvey in the last few weeks, and to those who were forced out by para-militia burning their homes in Rohingya villages in Myanmar.
When life is unfair, the only way is being kind to others. I’ll spend a month doing more and more paper houses, for them.
The house is 25mm. The dimension of the dome are:
Size: 25mm diameter x38mm high
In the past couple of years, I started gardening. It’s absolutely wonderful to see how everything grows in this country. So I decided to recreate the exact same plants I have in my garden, but in paper. Fuchsias, geraniums, a spider plant, tulips, calendulas, dahlias, orchid, lavender. And of course the tools: gloves, a watering can, trowel, mini secateurs and spades.
The box is 23x23cm so the flowers are very small, it’s all handmade.
You can find more details on my Etsy Shop
Hello! I’ve been very busy having a baby! But this weekend I had a lovely idea that worked very well. The client was so pleased 🙂 he was mesmerised by the colours and shapes.
Want to make your own? Just follow these simple instructions:
What you’ll need
– something circular, I used a candle, but you can use a bangle.
– 5 sheets of colour paper
– Invisible Thread
– a piece of wire
– a ribbon
Instructions 🙂 1. First, we are going to draw the circles in the colour pages. Two per page
2. Cut the circles
3. Fold the circles in the middle
4. Glue the circles together, your children can help with this.
5. Then you finish, it will look like a ball
6. Now lets make the little stand for the ballon. In a brown paper we are going to draw a small circle a some 0.5 x 9 cm rectangles, these will be our “strings. Then you have a bigger rentable of 13 cm long and 3 cm tall for the basket.
7. Cut the circle and the strings. When you are cutting the basket leave some flaps so you can stick it to the circular bottom.
8. Add the strings to the paper ball.
9. Paste the strings to the basket.
10. You have a paper ballon now. I added some people inside, very simple designs but you can just leave the ballons.
11. Repeat all the instructions and do 2 more balloons, preferably in different colours. I did a ballon in red, one in green and another in violet
12. With the wire, do a circle. After this, cover the wire with some ribbon. I found a sparkly in my house.
13. With invisible thread, do a 3 point hanger at the top. And try to fix it somewhere so you can add the ballon.
14. Pass some invisible thread into the ballon and hang in 3 equal parts of the wire.
15. you can add as much detail as you want in the thread. I added a moon, a sun, a cloud and a star.
7. Voila! You have a paper mobile for your baby. You can buy a little motor for a few pounds to make it go round alone.
And if you do this, please take some photos and send them to me, I’d love to see how you get on.
This beautiful paper dome is one of the best thing I ever did.
It is made with white textured paper.
It features four creatures dancing in the woods around a fire.
It has a led light inside the house.
Height: 33 cm.
The charity Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) commissioned me to create an illustration and paper cut frame for Jamie is Running. After doing the illustrations, I created this piece putting all the 3D flags to recreate the trail that he did on his amazing adventure, running solo from Canada to Argentina to raise money for the charity.
We all have this particular love story in our lives that changed us, the one that hurt, the one that marked us.
This piece is about that moment when you are still in love and everything is fantastic, but in the end the bastard breaks your heart and it hurts a lot.
This piece represents the expectation, the moment where you don’t know yet that it’s coming, the knife is coming.
Inspired in Marc Chagall painting “Birthday”. Paper, 50 x 23 cm, framed.
This beautiful handmade paper sculpture is three dimensional and presented in a light coloured wooden box with glass front. It features a house and a tree, a light post, a flower a cat, a washing line, and a big moon at the back This box is made with one of my illustrations, but we can change/ add objects, making made this a very unique and very special present.
This is all made using quality textured paper. The background features a dark violet colour.
It has a led light inside the house. It is cordless, it works with batteries.
Hand made wheel thrown porcelain clay pot, decorated with underglaze inks and fired with transparent glaze.
The illustration is original and made by me. It features one lady carrying a pot of flowers, some trees, birds and another lady hanging the laundry in the washing line. All this in red and black ink.
Approx 20 cm, 8″ inches height.